About Splash & Company
Splash & Company was founded by Rik Holberg in 1995 to serve the needs of discerning homeowners and business owners throughout the West Austin and Central Texas Hill country area. Widely regarded as one of the top pool designers and construction experts in Texas, Rik has built a team of similar-minded experts who specialize in producing well-crafted one-of-a-kind waterscapes, fountains and backyard environments for limited group of discerning clientele.
In addition to new pool construction, this team also specializes in challenging/complicated renovations and expert pool inspections. In fact, Rik’s expertise in construction and hydraulics is so well regarded that he’s not just a Certified Building Professional®, but he actually TEACHES the official “APSP CBP/Pool Spa Construction Course” class at various regional and national pool industry conventions.
It’s because of this in-house expertise that Rik and his team are frequently contacted by other pool builders and engineers for their advice and expertise on more challenging projects.
Contact Splash and Company for any of the following services in the greater Austin / Hill Country area and beyond:
- Custom Swimming Pools
- Pool & Backyard Design Services
- Outdoor Kitchens and other Outdoor Structures
- Renovations & Remodel
- Maintenance, Repairs
- Pool Inspections
Our Certifications and Associations
APSP – “THE ASSOCIATION OF POOL & SPA PROFESSIONALS”
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
BBB – “BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
CBP® - CERTIFIED BUILDING PROFESSIONAL®
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
More information at http://apsp.org
CSP® - Certified Service Professional®
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program's highest credential—CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
More information at http://www.apsp.org/EducationCertification/content.cfm?ItemNumber=854
CPO® - CERTIFIED POOL OPERATOR®
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at http://nspf.org/en/cpo.aspx
Jandy Pro-Edge Builder
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder receives a three year warranty instead of the normal one-year warranty.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.
More information about Jandy at http://www.jandy.com/en/about